You know what I do here. I post comic strips with theater themes. This time, they’re all from the invaluable GoComics, at http://www.gocomics.com. You should subscribe. I do.
• two stand-uppy gags from Scott Hilburn’s the Argyle Sweater
• two operatic installments of Jerry Bittle’s Shirley & Son
• jazz hands courtesy of Steve Bentley’s Herb & Jamal.
• Tony Cochran’s Agnes.
• hand puppet jokes from Scott Heath’s Spot the Frog and the metaphysical Garfield Without Garfield (deconstructed from the Jim Davis original by Paws Inc.)
• J.C. Duffy’s The Fusco Brothers.
• Greg Craven’s The Buckets (Lots of petulant children in this week’s selection, huh?)
• and two vaguely theatrical pages from Ruben Bolling’s Tom the Dancing Bugs. I think those Lincoln tweets are inspired.