The latest of the Get to the Point! storytelling/spoken word/whatever events I host monthly at Cafe Nine is tonight. I hear that some of the LAMP artists will be in the house. I always seek a diverse line-up, and this one is wondrous in its extremes. Formal, informal, theatrical, photographic…
8 p.m. at Cafe Nine, 250 State Street, New Haven. No cover.
Here’s the line-up:
• A script-in-hand performance of Susan Cinoman’s short play “Truth and Sex,” performed by Joanna Keylock and Dan Sarnelli.
• Photojournalist Daniel Smith, who’s home in New Haven between trips to his other home, in Iraq.
• Mike Franzman (explaining photos he took of City Hall)
• Adam Malec of the band Procedure Club, telling a baseball story.
• Actor/director Peter Webster
• Poet/activist Stephen Kobasa
• Teacher/punk Michael Cooper
• Poet Sara Russell
• Storyteller John Nelson (self-described as “one of those carpenters with a bachelor’s degree”)
• Storyteller George Kouros
• Storyteller/garage rock fanatic Fran Fried
• Storyteller Christine Jewell. Her story: “Candy Crush: A Childhood Quest for the Ultimate Treat.”
Plus the usual story-song and myth-reading interludes. I’ll be playing my ukulele.
To be included in future Get to the Point! events, contact me here at email@example.com