At the cineplex the other night, Mabel & Sally’s movie choice was between the one with the secret agent children who curse like this:
and the small blue Belgian creatures who curse like this:
“Don’t smurf with us!”
Since they’d just seen the expletive-repleted cinematic landmark The Blues Brothers on DVD a few days earlier, the girls and I were unfazed by all the blue language in The Smurfs:
“No smurfing way.”
…but it did make more sensitive dialogue like “Smurf you later!” seem casually obscene.
The Last Couple of Batches
- The Works of the University Prez
- Exclusive! Meriden Daffodil Festival Line-Up for 2013! Read it first here!
- What is a Love Light?
- Just Finished Reading…. Gold, Frankenstein and Myrrh
- Rock Gods #284 : Adventures in Our Little Music Scene
- For Tomorrow We May Die: Diary of a College Chum #236
- Four Musical Goings-On
- Just Finished Reading: Corleone vs. Cromwell
- Rock Gods #283: Adventures in Our Little Music Scene
- For Tomorrow We May Die: Diary of a College Chum #235
- For Tomorrow We May Die: Diary of a College Chum #234
- Rock Gods #282: Adventures in Our Little Music Scene
Scribblers.us RSS, etc.