For Monday, June 2, the mix is just what Get to the Point! does best: representatives of the local music scene trying new things; theater types (including a special guest from Chicago and a sweet Connecticut playwright); writers of all stripes; cherished regulars who really get what Get to the Point! is all about; and one of the most appreciative, adventurous audiences in the area.
• Chicago-based singer/songwriter/musical theater composer Diana Lawrence (http://dianalawrence.com/).
• One-act comedies by Connecticut playwright Susan Cinamon, read by: Zuzanna Szadowski (Dorota Kishlovsky from Gossip Girl), Caitlin Hale (from the movie School of Rock), Erin Moffat, Joanna Keylock, Sabrina Brier and others
• Bruce Tulgan of Rainmaker Thinking Inc., mixing business-speak with martial arts
• Frank Critelli, a singer-songwriter who also dabbles in prose
• Rob DeRosa, local-music booster who books the Meriden Daffodil Festival, runs the Thin Man Music label and hosts the Homegrown local-band radio show.
• Ken Carlson, comedian and funny writer.
• Saul Fussiner, screenwriter and ace memoirist.
• Craig Gilbert, funny guy
• Lys Guillorn, artistic and articulate musician
• Seth Osborne, bedraggled poet
• Ina Chadwick, Fairfield County storyteller/producer, with writer/musician Duncan Christy
• Sara Russell, statuesque poet
And your hatted host Christopher Arnott
…plus others to be announced. Plus a myth. Plus a fairy tale. Plus jokes.
Get to the Point! June 2, 2014, 8 p.m. No cover.