NEXT PLAY IN A DAY!: 2-5:15 p.m. Monday, May 28, 2012, at Neverending Books, 810 State St., New Haven. If you are interested in participating, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Or just show up.
Play in a Day is a children’s theater project in which a classic theater script is adapted, designed, rehearsed and performed—by children, under the direction of the sole alleged grown-up, Christopher Arnott—in the space of a single afternoon. Parents drop off their kids at Neverending Books at 810 State Street at 2 p.m., then return at 5 p.m. to see the show. The fee for the three-hour session is $5 per child.
Contact Christopher Arnott at email@example.com for details.
• The Lady Phantom (Dama Duende) by Pedro Calderon de la Barca
• The Menaechmi by Plautus
• The Insect Play by Karel Capek:
• Under the Gaslight by Augustin Daly:
• Bartholomew Fair by Ben Jonson:
• The Love of Three Oranges by Carlo Gozzi:
• The Inspector General by Nikolai Gogol:
• Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand.
• An Enemy of the People by Henrik Ibsen:
• She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith:
• The Haunted House by Plautus:
• Androcles and the Lion by George Bernard Shaw.
• The Clouds by Aristophanes.
• The Cherry Orchard, by Anton Chekhov:
The play we attempt to do at any given session is determined by who happens to show up that day.
Play in a Day projects tend to happen during school holidays, but can be arranged for special occasions, parties, whatever. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hosting a Play in a Day event.
Ensemble theater in action! Working knowledge of classic drama! Fun!